Estudia en tu propio idioma Clases en
The main objective is for the student to have knowledge of the human physiology and anatomy. To apply successfully Hydrotherapy, Heliotherapy, and, Therapeutic massage. Familiar with exercise programs which can help the musculoskeletal system. Also, Florida State Law, C.P.R. and HIV-Aids will be taught. This program trains men and women to enter the growing field of Therapeutic Massage. Heavy emphasis is placed on student’s developing dexterity in applying massage techniques.
|COURSE TITLE||CLOCK HOURS|
HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
MASSAGE THEORY & CLINICAL PRACTICUM
THEORY & PRACTICE OF HYDROTHERAPY
INTRODUCTION TO ALLIED MODALITIES
FLORIDA STATE LAW
BUSINESS PRINCIPLES & DEVELOPMENT
This program has 600 hours of theory and practice.
All students are required to complete at least 60 services as part of their applied clinical training.
Face and neck massage
Hands and arms massage
Feet and legs massage
Full body massages
- Upon completion of the program hours the student will be ready to take the final exam in theory and practice.
- The student will receive a diploma.
- This program will have prepared the student for licensure examination given by the National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- Upon passing, students can apply to receive their Florida State License. Students successfully completing the 900 hours will receive a diploma. Upon completion of this program and passing the licensure exam, students may be employed as entry-level massage therapists.
- For additional information, please contact:
Miami Campus: email@example.com
Hialeah Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURE
Name of Program: Therapeutic Massage Technician
Names of occupations for which training in this program is provided:
Occupation: Massage Therapist
SOC code number: 31-9010 31-9011
For profiles on these occupations see http://online.onetcenter.org/crosswalk/
These employment opportunities may include positions in:
- Physical Therapy Clinics
- Massage Therapy Clinics
- Private Clientele
- Sports Medicine Clinics
- Luxury Health Spas
- Chiropractic Offices
- Resort Hotels
- Cruise Ships