Estudia en tu propio idioma. Clases en Español Disponibles
The Praxis Institute offers the Pharmacy Technician Diploma Program as a fast paced course to assist our community in the pharmacy field with well-prepared students, ready to get licensed a The US Department of Labor Statistics www.bls.gov estimates a growth in the demand for well-trained Certified Pharmacy Technicians as this Industry continues to grow and the development for new drugs rise. Pharmacy Technicians typically work at pharmacy and drug stores, hospitals, ambulatory health care services, and general merchandise stores. Duties of Pharmacy technicians include:
- Customer Service, preparation and dispensing of prescription drugs, and transcribing.
- Purchase and returns of inventory (expired, recalled medications)
- Ordering and allocating all inventory in adherence to federal and state laws.
- Preparation of chemotherapeutic and parenteral agents
- Preparation of transdermal compounds as well as changing dosage forms
The Pharmacy Technician Program at The Praxis Institute will train you in all the different aspects of becoming a Pharmacy Technician. Course offers Sterile and non-sterile preparations of medications, chemotherapy agents and all types of inventory processes for hospital, retail, and community pharmacies. Topics and practices that will be covered during the courses are:
- History & Ethics of Pharmacology
- Infection Control
- Pharmacy Administration for the Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Settings
- Sterile and Non-Sterile Compounding
- Administration of Medications
- Pharmacy Technician Duties
- Calculation of Drug Dosages
- OSHA, HIPAA, BLS, First Aid, HIV/AIDS Certifications and In-services
- Hands-on Laboratory Training
- Live Externship Training
Upon completion of this course, Program Reviews will be offered so that graduates can take the PTCE (Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam) , seeking to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician as well as a Registered Pharmacy Technician as required by law.