The Praxis Institute offers the healthcare training that is needed today. Our accessible short-term programs provide in-depth learning and hands-on practices that ensure competency and encourage confidence in our students and graduates. With two convenient campus locations in the Miami, Florida, area, featuring courses that are taught in both English and Spanish, students can explore new career opportunities in healthcare.
The Praxis Institute offers diploma and associate degree programs that are fundamental to the healthcare sector. By attending our massage schools, dental assistant school, pharmacy technician school, or programs for occupational therapist assistants and physical therapist assistants, graduates can start entry-level positions in a variety of healthcare occupations. These fields and occupations also offer career pathways for advancement and continuing education.
The mission of The Praxis Institute is to provide our students with quality educational programs that prepare them for employment in the healthcare sector. We carefully choose diploma and associate degree programs that meet both the current and projected needs of employees in the healthcare system. This creates a mutually beneficial and supportive process between bright, motivated students and our experienced, dedicated teaching staff. In addition, the administration of the school is invested in the educational and career success of our students and graduates.
History of The Praxis Institute
The Praxis Institute began as a private vocational school in 1988. At our founding, we were known as America Duran Skin Care, Massage, & Nail School. With the ensuing expansion of massage therapy as a field, we became more focused on healthcare training and associated employment opportunities for students.
In 1991 we changed our name to The Praxis Institute. As an academic and vocational community invested in meeting the needs of employers within the healthcare system, we have continued to grow and expand our offerings.
Approvals and Memberships
Approved by U.S. Department of Education to participate in its Title IV Financial Aid Programs.
- Authorized by Law to enroll foreign students.
- Approved by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.
- Member of The Latin Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of AMTA American Massage Therapy Association
Our Healthcare Training School Philosophy
The philosophy behind our training programs at The Praxis Institute is focused on healthcare careers. To prepare our students for viable employment opportunities, we provide the most thorough education available in our diploma and associate degree programs. We believe all people are created equal and have the right to pursue personal and professional growth through the achievement of skills, competencies, training, and knowledge. In keeping with these objectives and beliefs, we offer the following statements regarding our programs:
- Massage therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy provide valuable tools for patients
- Healthcare training must include a thorough understanding of the human body and its functions
- Healthcare practitioners must be able to apply their knowledge of the human body in therapeutic practices
- A holistic therapeutic approach is beneficial for practitioners of occupational therapy, physical therapy, and massage therapy, as well as dental assistants, and pharmacy technicians
- Curricula for the study of healthcare specialties must include hands-on experience, specific skill sets, patient care, procedural care, and administrative duties
License and Accreditation
THE PRAXIS INSTITUTE is licensed by the:
Commission for Independent Education
325 West Gaines Street Suite 1414
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
Toll-free telephone number: (888) 224-6684
Miami Campus: # 2192
Hialeah Campus: #2759
Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell road, Building 300, Suite 325
Atlanta, GA 30350
Telephone: (770) 396-3898 / 800-917-2081
These credentials are on display at our school and available for review by any student or potential student during regular business hours.
Healthcare Training Programs
Competitive pricing for healthcare training programs is a hallmark of The Praxis Institute. Serving students in the Miami, Florida, area with classes taught in both English and Spanish, we also offer built-in schedule flexibility by offering theory classes for each program online. For classroom instruction and hands-on training modules, students must attend classes on campus. Practical experience through the required delivery of services or externships completes the training in each program.
Earn a diploma for these healthcare training programs. Courses include preparation for licensing or certification examinations:
- Advanced Therapeutic, Sports, and Clinical Massage: Students develop advanced massage skills and explore a variety of clinical techniques.
- Dental Assistant Program: Students develop skills useful in a variety of dental specialties and for working with dental practitioners.
- Therapeutic Massage Technician Program: Students develop massage knowledge and techniques as they prepare for work in entry-level positions.
- Pharmacy Technician Program: Students develop knowledge and necessary skills to work in a wide variety of jobs within the pharmaceutical field.
Associate Degree Programs
Graduates are prepared to work under the supervision of licensed medical professionals.
- Occupational Therapist Assistant: Students develop knowledge and skills to work with a variety of clients, as directed by a licensed occupational therapist
- Physical Therapist Assistant: Students develop the knowledge and skills required to work closely with licensed physical therapists.
More information about the program structure and course requirements is available in the catalog.
Valuable Educational Opportunities in Healthcare
Students in the Miami, Florida, area can enroll in programs to earn diplomas and associate degrees in a variety of healthcare fields. The primary goal of The Praxis Institute is to provide quality training that leads to gainful, fulfilling employment. Our career services department offers resources and assistance for success to students and graduates. For more information, contact us today.