Advanced massage therapy consists of several techniques, pressures, and methods to manipulate muscles and other soft tissues in the body. This form of care offers a variety of benefits and can be used to treat a wide range of conditions. The Praxis Institute offers dual massage programs at its campuses in Miami and Hialeah, FL. Here, we dive deeper into what advanced massage therapy is and the general duties and responsibilities a technician may learn about through this kind of training.
Advanced Massage Therapy Techniques
Massage therapists need to know several massage methods and techniques to take care of their clients’ needs. With the ability to work in an array of settings, such as spas, medical facilities, fitness centers, and more, they can expand their skill set through additional healthcare training. Techniques learned in our advanced therapeutic sports and clinical massage program include:
- Deep tissue massage: Excellent for treating body pain and tightness, a deep tissue massage helps relieve muscles and tendons.
- Sports massage: This type of massage is intended to target specific areas of the body that are most affected during athletic activity.
- Holistic manual lymphatic drainage: Ideal for individuals with inflammation, this technique involves light pressure to assist the lymphatic fluid in flowing more freely within the body.
- Spa therapies: These treatments are intended to help reduce stress, alleviate pain, and pamper the client.
- Electrostimulation: This treatment uses electrical frequencies to aid in healing damaged tissue. It also can be used to relieve pain.
- Neuromuscular therapy: An effective treatment for lower back pain, neuromuscular therapy is achieved by alternating levels of pressure on specific areas of the body that are prone to muscle spasms.
- Laser therapy: This advanced treatment helps relieve pain and inflammation. It also promotes healing and soft tissue repair.
- Ultrasound therapy: This treatment also helps ease discomfort and promotes tissue healing but is typically used to treat chronic pain conditions.
Why Consider Advanced Massage Therapy?
With the ability to help others every day, advanced massage therapy is a deeply rewarding profession. Choosing additional healthcare training allows you to take advantage of the incredible opportunities this career presents. Reasons to further your expertise include:
Broad Work Environments
One of the biggest benefits of in-depth training is the flexibility to choose your work setting. Licensed massage therapists are desired in a variety of environments, making it easier to choose the location that suits you best.
As a licensed massage therapist, you can choose when you wish to work. Whether it’s full-time or part-time, many professionals set appointments to accommodate their needs and foster a more ideal work-life balance.
Excellent Earning Potential
A great benefit to becoming a massage therapist is the level of compensation you can earn for your services. Taking the time to learn the necessary skills and complete the required criteria through an advanced healthcare training program can lead to higher-paying careers.
Make a Difference
As the techniques and methods of advanced massage therapy are used to treat medical conditions and alleviate chronic pain, you can truly help others and make a difference in their lives. Massage therapists can take pride in knowing that the work they do positively impacts someone else’s quality of life.
Our Advanced Therapeutic, Sports, and Clinical Massage Program
When you enroll in one of the massage programs at The Praxis Institute, you gain the opportunity to train for a rewarding career in your desired field. The advanced massage program features 750 hours of training, while the regular therapeutic massage program offers 540 hours of training. Once students complete the advanced program, they have the necessary skills to sit for the licensing exam by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) or the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards. In addition to learning basic techniques, students also hone skills that help expand their marketability potential and increase their clientele. This program provides students with certifications in many modalities that multiply their ability to gain employment.
Begin Your Journey into Advanced Massage Therapy at The Praxis Institute
People in the Miami, FL, area wishing to pursue a rewarding career in advanced massage therapy can do so by enrolling in the advanced therapeutic, sports, and clinical massage program at The Praxis Institute. We are proud to offer financial aid to students who qualify, as well as competitive pricing and flexible schedules to help you succeed at our campuses in Miami and Hialeah, FL. For more information on how you can enroll at one of our campuses, contact us today.