Wednesday, August 14: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Thursday, August 15: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM
CUPPING & GUA SHA (AUG 14-15) 12 CEU
Dr. Marisol McManus, M.AP., AP, DOM, B.Sc., NBCA, works as part of the DeNatura® Wellness team and holds a Master’s Degree in 5-element Acupuncture from the Academy of 5-Elements Acupuncture in Gainesville, Florida. Dr. McManus lived in Asia for 12 years, exposing her to acupuncture and other alternative medical practices. This led her to radically shift her career path 20+ years ago towards Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. She is Nationally Board-Certified in Acupuncture Medicine and Chinese Herbology by NCAAOM. A member of FSOMA, she is also certified in the NADA auriculotherapy acupuncture protocol, pain management, and injection therapy. Dr. Mcmanus is a key founder of the Boricua Barefoot Doctor organization in Puerto Rico, expanding education and practice of Acupuncture and Oriental medicine post-Hurricane
In this introductory 12 hour/2 day workshop we will explore and review the history of cupping and guasha therapies, and learn the skills to enable participants to incorporate these modalities into their work to best serve their clients. Participants will:
- Have a basic exposure to Chinese Medicine Theories as related to cupping and gua sha
- Learn the benefits, and contraindications of cupping and guasha therapies, as well as have an understanding of how these modalities can help with common disorders
- Understand the different types of cupping and guasha therapies and have hands-on practice using the various types of cups and guasha tools
- Learn how to manipulate and move the cups in kinetic cupping, and how to control resistance for a comfortable application of both the cups and guasha tools.
- Have practice in both kinetic and static cupping, guasha techniques in bodywork, as well as their application in Facial Rejuvenation techniques
Class Starting Time:
Wednesday, August 14th: 1-7 PM (1hr lunch); Thursday, August 15th: 1 PM – 7 PM (1hr lunch)
Registration are closed for this event.